Monday, March 05, 2018

Latest Projects ...

Following on from the abstract landscape I made with a prodded rag rug technique, I also made a hooked and needle punched version. This piece is made from repurposed textiles and mixed fibre yarn.




I sewed the piece to mount board, 'ready for framing'.  It is currently listed for sale in my Folksy shop.

Another small piece, inspired by colour palettes that I have collected on my travels... This piece was based on the colours found on an old, rusting, painted metal fence with bright green algae on it.

A painted, gouache version of the palette, set against an orange background (A3 size).

Version #1: fairly two-dimensional, matt felts with thick wool fabric (from a repurposed coat); made using the techniques of reverse appliqué and embroidery. Available in my Folksy shop.

Version #2: more three-dimensional appliqué, some with added embroidery. This piece is a bit more 'shiny' and features a variety of repurposed textiles. 



This piece is available from my Etsy shop.

Next, a piece based on some beach colours...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...