Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Making Silage

Rob and I were doing the washing up tonight, when we saw this view from our kitchen window. The farmer has just cut this field for silage and it looked quite interesting with the black bags dotted all over it.






Our raised beds on the patio have just started to produce some tasty salad plants. This one has rocket, mustard greens, spinach, land cress and a few veg coming on. The beds are about 3' square and the same deep. We plant a bit of everything in them and keep filling up the gaps as they appear.

4 comments:

Cait Throop said...

Looks like a lovely start to your summer!!! xo

Julia K Walton - Fire Horse Textiles said...

Hi Cait! April was hot. May was cold and wet. June looks a lot better so far ;o)

Annette Tait said...

your vegetables looks delicious!! and what a good idea - to keep filling up the gaps!

I think the silage may be getting done over this way too. (I wonder how tasty it really is?)

ps I'm having a hare give away on my blog :)

Julia K Walton - Fire Horse Textiles said...

Hellooo Annette! Thank you for dropping by. I must say that our salad leaves are much nicer than the ones I paid £7 for in a restaurant this lunchtime!! I probably would have been better off with silage ;o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...