Friday, December 08, 2006
Pasta With Sun Dried Tomatoes and Garlic
This delicious pasta dish is quick and simple to make – real ‘fast food’.
14 sun dried tomatoes, snipped into pieces
6 oz dried pasta
3-4 tbsp olive oil
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
vegetarian parmesan-style cheese
black pepper, freshly ground
1. Pour boiling water over the sun dried tomatoes, and put them to one side while they re-hydrate.
2. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, and place in a colander to drain.
3. In the empty pasta pan, heat the olive oil over a medium/high heat. Add the drained sun dried tomatoes and the garlic. Sauté until the garlic is starting to brown a little.
4. Add the drained pasta and turn gently in the hot oil to reheat and to coat with the oil, garlic and tomato pieces.
5. Serve on heated plates, with some vegetarian parmesan-style cheese and ground black pepper.
I normally serve this pasta with a mixed side salad topped with toasted nuts or seeds to add some more protein to the meal.