Monday, October 08, 2018

Latest Work and Mark-making Experiments in Batik

My latest batch of Prayer Flag Brooches are finished and listed in my Folksy and Etsy Shops.

These ones have a light and fragile look with shades of cream, beige and old gold, lace and buttons.


My next project is going to be a tall thin textile wall hanging based on the path at Samye Ling Buddhist Centre.

The path really caught my eye on a visit there, with its recycled paving slabs of different sizes, and occasional bricks or yellow stripes. I took the photographs below and made a couple of drawings to simplify it into a wall hanging.




My plan is that many of the steps on the wall hanging will be an art or craft that I have tried over the years as my own 'Path to Enlightenment' of learning about art.

I have tried to make some of my own fabrics with painted dyes, or batik technique and dye.

Painted dye on cotton fabric


Batik with painted dye on cotton

I added these two patterns to my libraries of patterns on Society6 and Redbubble. They look pretty good on the rugs, mugs, bags etc!

I'm on my third 'step', so a long way to go on this project!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...